by Doug Prince
Pettee Makes a Comeback
Pettee Hall reopened in March after a $5 million renovation, the first since it was built in 1938 to house the Departments of Agriculture, Home Economics and Military Science. Today the building is home to the Departments of Family Studies and Social Work, the New Hampshire Institute of Health Policy and Practice and several Cooperative Extension specialists.
Closed to classes in 1997 because it did not meet fire codes, Pettee now hosts 500 students in its classrooms, laboratories and seminar rooms. The seven classrooms are wired with state-of-the-art fiber optics, and there are two super-tech classrooms.
The building is named for the man who served UNH as professor, dean and three-time interim president, Dean Charles H. Pettee.
Return to Campus Currents table of contentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Current issue | Past issues | Class notes
Department archives | Send a letter/news | Address updates
Advertise | About UNH Magazine | Alumni home | UNH home
University of New Hampshire Alumni Association
9 Edgewood Road Durham NH 03824 (603) 862-2040